Edge Application Developer
The purpose of the Edge Application Developer Project Group is to create open APIs and SDKs that empower developers to build the next generation of mobile applications running on operators edge infrastructure.
Co-Chaired by Jangyoon “Johnny” Kim (Deutsche Telekom)
Co-Chaired by Valerie Parker (Intel)
Technology focus areas
Edge Application Developer Project Group focuses on the following areas:
- Enabling telecom operators to discover, inventory and make available infrastructure assets (including but not limited to compute infrastructure, network APIs for identity, location etc) to be consumed by 3rd party application developers
- Developing capabilities, APIs and SDKs to allow application developers to easily consume cellular APIs to develop and deploy, test and trial applications which are deployed at the network edge
- Providing a testing and validation environment which makes use of facilities such as the TIP Community Labs to test such applications within a “host” network provided by a sponsoring telecom operator
- Work with the SDK/APIs to deploy on edge
- Get your app deployed on test cloudlets and real commercial cloudlets
- Contribute towards enhancement of SDK and API to meet your need and add new functionality
If your company is developing 3rd party apps on mobile and you are interested in joining the community, fill out the form below. We are currently focusing on mobile gaming use cases, in particular multiplayer games, AR, and VR. We will contact you to discuss next steps.
Operators and Service Providers
- Give us access to your cloudlets to bring developers
- Work towards meeting 3rd party app developers requirements for deploying at the edge
- Work towards figuring out a business model for developers to access edge clouds
Events & Talks
Menlo Park, CA (Facebook Campus)
Edge Application Developer Hackathon 2019
For the first time, we’re opening our TIP Community Lab for developers to hack on edge infrastructure. Join us for this exclusive event to see how your application can benefit from edge computing.